Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9-21-10, Day 16

To Judy:
A GROUP OF LIBRARIANS
cut paper
From Judy:








To Gloria:
A GROUP OF MOURNERS
cut paper
From Gloria:
MOUSE
handkerchief folded and tied



Note:  I tore open the package and grabbed the handkerchief thinking, "Gift, gift, gift."  With some effort, I worked the knots on both ends, wondering why Gloria had taken precautions that would defy Homeland Security to protect the contents.  I carefully unrolled the handkerchief, anticipating the nugget within.  Nothing. And then I READ THE CARD.  Cringe.  Flog, flog, flog.  And so this package came with the unintended challenge of recreating Gloria's grandfather's mouse.  Thank you internet and YouTube.  Even with several levels of tutorial ("Er, would you mind repeating that?"), I produced generations of deformed mice until I finally created one that could run up and down my arm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment