Friday, January 21, 2011

1-21-11, Day 138

To Mandy:
Great Horned Owl II
ink, colored pencil, watercolor
From Mandy:
Who Farted?
I will start by saying that last night I was sitting at a jack in the box waiting for my drink order when I received your email. I saw the picture and started laughing, I showed it to my friend and she started laughing as well. Let me rewind to 5 years ago. I had a hoodie that had an owl on it, it was cute and whatnot but I wasn't obsessed with owls or anything. An old friend of mine miss-interpreted this as - Mandy REALLY REALLY LIKES OWLS so anything I get her for the rest of her life has to be owled themed. So there started years of tacky owl birthday cards, toys, pictures, socks, everything. A couple months ago I mentioned this to my coworker and she thought it would be fun to continue the tradition. Just yesterday she gifted me with a horrible tacky shirt and hat of an owl. Then, 5 hours later you sent me that picture. We must be on the same wave length. 
This is me doing my best cindy sherman interpretation of my new owl shirt and hat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment