Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1-26-11, Day 143

To Dan:
NAELC
Thought I was going to have to cash in my IRA to take care of dental work but not so much needs to be done.   Praise be to my choppers and clod hoppers?
From Dan:


I have been making Dante's dog food for over a year now.  I was once in favor of the raw meat diet, but not really agreeing with the whole meat thing I decided to try to make him and Bonnie into vegetarians.  So, now in their dog food I give them: cooked oatmeal, about an oz. of wheatgrass, a bunch of sunflower sprouts, a scoop of hemp protein, a tablespoon of chia seed, some egg shell/kelp/barley green/sea algae supplement that i make, and if we have eggs I will throw in one or two raw ones.  I like to change up the meal a few times a week by adding in the mush left over from a green juice or by adding different sprouts that we have going.  All the ingredients are organic.  Some are home grown.  It seems that Dante likes it as much as his meat diet since he can hardly contain himself when I make the food morning and night.  With the change over, or at least by adding the wheatgrass Dante has a noticeable amount of more energy.  He also has some bad back legs, but now he favors them less and just seems all around more healthy.  It takes some time each morning and night, but it makes me feel good to prepare a nice meal for my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment